Inspired by a tweet by Nicola Stables (bitsbobsandwaffles.blogspot.com) we have now completed this pairs game.
When you start the game you will be asked to select a number bond kirf and then 14 cards will be displayed face down. The idea is to find the pairs of cards that add up to the number bond in as few turns as possible. Not only will this help teach the number bonds, but pairs games help with concentration and memory and are pretty good fun.
You can access the pairs game from the Quick Start list on the right or by following this link:
The following KIRFs are supported by this application:
- Know all the number bonds to 5.
- Know all number bonds to 20.
- Know all number bonds to 100.
- Know all decimals that total 1 (1 decimal place).
- Know all decimals that total 10 (1 decimal place).
- Know all number bonds to 10.
- Know all 2-digit pairs that total 100.
- Know all add/subtract facts for multiples of 100 to 1000.
- Know all add/subtract facts for multiples of 5 with a total of 100.
- Know all add/subtract facts for number pairs that total 100.
- Know all pairs of multiples of 50 with a total of 1000.